Home

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Christmas Around the World (after the trip)

Wow!  Our school days seemed to be so busy before winter break that I didn't get a chance to post anything about our trip around the world to learn how others celebrate winter holidays. 

We learned about holiday traditions for Kwanzaa and Hanukkah.  Everyone made a kinara and played a dreidel game.  We also 'visited' Sweden, Italy, France, Mexico, England and Germany.  Our last stop was the North Pole for our Polar Express day.  One of the big highlights of our journey was making gingerbread houses which is a tradition in Germany. 

I thought I had pictures saved on my computer but they must still be in my camera.  I'll post pictures later.  You'll have to check back to see all the gingerbread houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment